Lean on me
"Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend,
I'll help you carry on. For it won't be long, 'till I'm gonna
need somebody to lean on".

Famous chorus from a famous (relatively) Al Green song.

Maybe we all do need someone to lean on. If that is the same thing as putting your faith on or in somebody or something. I know I've lent of people in the past. But whilst all those people have been lovely, kind and helpful - there is only really one person we can lean on. One person who is strong enough to support the whole world (He created it after all)

On Sunday I heard about some famous delusions that people have put their faith in, leading to their untimely deaths. Yes, in hindsight and with our clever clever 21st century thinking we may well laugh (tee hee), but aren't we all, even today, tending to put our faith in some pretty flimsy illusions. I for one am going to try and become a touch less deluded.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .