My son is now 18 -yikes!
(and I can't do this any more)

So today we went out to celebrate.

He reminded me of a time we went out together, fishing, when he was 10.

That time, sitting in the boat for a couple of hours we didn't have that much to do, so he started thinking about the world around him. He began to get curious so he asked me some questions.

"How does this boat float?"

I thought for a moment, then replied, "Don't rightly know, son."

My boy returned to his contemplation, but soon came up with another one, "How do fish breath underwater?"

Once again I replied "Don't rightly know, son."

A little later my young lad asked me, "Why is the sky blue?"

Yet again, I replied. "Don't rightly know, son."

Worried he was going to annoy me, he said, "Dad, do you mind my asking you all of these questions?"

So I immediately assured him, "Of course not, son. If you don't ask me questions, you'll never discover anything!"

[I guess he must have been asking someone else - 'cos he's turned out ok! Happy Birthday.]

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .