I have no idea!

I love these things:
Proper beer in a ramblers pub, in the lake district, after a long walk.
Sitting on a deserted, sunny beach, watching the waves roll in.
Listening to loud classical music, with a good glass of Rioja.
Reading a good book, sat in the sun, maybe in the garden, with my cat purring sat on my old lap.

So does that mean heaven is going to be like this for me? I think perhaps not. Heaven probably isn't just a collection of all the best bits of my life.

Amazing Grace - the hymn - has a line: When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun.
Possibly a little scary - not another 10,000! I complain when I sing the same chorus for 10 minutes!

Actually, I'm told John Newton didn't write this verse, rather he wrote: The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbear to shine; but God, who called me here below, will be forever mine.

So what is it going to be like? Heaven.

I've no idea. Sorry.
I don't think I'm alone in this.
Check out this verse from the Bible: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

Comments:
Didn't Jesus say that there are many rooms in His father's house? Doesn't that mean that our experience of heaven will be akin to something we have previously experienced here on earth? And what about a "new heaven and a new earth"? That implies you could live in either. I might choose the book, sunshine, rioja and cat option rather than something else unknown to me at this time. Still knowing God the afterlife is going to be pretty good...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .