Schools in England should teach "core British values" alongside cultural diversity, a report says.

Reported on the BBC tonight.

So I wondered what Core British Values were, and I came up with these:
cynicism
queuing
knocking someone who tries or wins
talking up the football, ready for a massive fall
discussing the weather
paying over the odds for goods and services
having great TV ads
popular music
putting fences, walls and hedges around our houses
understanding cricket

I'm not sure this is what was meant though.

I'm not sure how British I really am on these measures. I talked about the weather today, because it was cold and icy. And I tried to understand a bit about cricket - or at least why my team are not as good as another (that I can't bring myself to say!)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .