Celebrations
Because Norwich city didn't loose tonight
Because 1000 troops are coming back home
Because the sun's shining for the rest of this week

These aren't really fantastic reasons to celebrate, or smile.

I did smile today though, when I read a quote:
"The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys", said by some Chief Engineer of the British Post Office in 1876.
And this made me think I should go an buy a new mobile phone - with access to the Internet and a couple of G of memory - but then I thought about what the chairman of IBM said in 1949 "I think there is a world market for about five computers" and realised I'd already got 5 in my own house, so couldn't possible want another powerful micro-chipped phone.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .