Grass cutting
So there I was, all set to get up early today
and cut the grass
only to fling wide the curtains
and see the rain
landing on the grass
making it wet
and therefore unsuitable for cutting.
I could cut the hedge.
One can do that in the rain
without wrecking the lawnmower
but instead I get wet.
But not as wet as in the thunder the other day
which produced a pretty heavy downpour
which overwhelmed the gutters
and ran off the roof onto the path outside the back door
and almost reached the door level
in fact would have done if I hadn't started bailing.
I got quite anxious.
And experienced, maybe, about half of one percent
of what the people of Pakistan must be experiencing
in their dreadful floods.
I can't begin to imagine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
. .